Thursday, November 02, 2006

Favorite Blankie


My girls each have a favorite blankie. It just so happens that it is the same blanket. Cayleigh was given two of this pink blanket, and it quickly became my favorite, and later her favorite as well. It was nice when she was little because she didn't realize that there were two of them. It was much easier at bedtime to give her the blanket because if we didn't know where it was, we would just grab the other one and she was happy. Eventually she figured out there were two and had to have them both :( When Keira came along, Cayleigh graciously offered her duplicate blankie to her sister. So sweet! These blankets go with us many places and the girls have to have them for bedtime.

I was at my friend's house the other day, and her daughter also has the same blanket. She is not as fond of her blanket as my girls are and so hers still looks new. I could not believe the difference in her blanket compared to our blankets. These blankets are so loved, that they are discolored and tattering on the edges. I don't know what we will do if they ever get lost or fall apart! I do hope that my girls have fond memories of their favorite blankie as I do of mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is truly amazing! And it's even stranger that we both have the same blanket.