Monday, February 04, 2008

Chicago


I wanted to post a few photos from our trip to Chicago. We took the girls to Shedd Aquarium right on the lake. It was excellent. The girls enjoyed seeing all the exhibits, but probably liked the penguins, and the dolphin show most of all.

We also enjoyed a free night at the Chicago Art Museum courtesy of Target. Thanks Target!
I especially enjoyed seeing some original impressionist paintings, the girls were thrilled with the miniature room displays.
We took a quick walk through Chicago's Millenium Park to see Cloud Gate aka The Bean. It is an amazing sculpture that reflects the incredible Chicago skyline. We did all of this in one day, plus a trip to the airport to pick up some family!
Thanks to our dear friend in Chicago who provided us with an inviting place to stay and lots of great tourist tips. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with you.

3 comments:

emily freeman said...

Hi there! I just noticed your comment on one of my posts...thanks for stopping by. I love the wedding photos on your site. Did you take them all? You have quite an eye for that. And what an beautiful family you are in a field of flowers. Too. Cute.

Kakoii said...

Sis,
I'm always in awe of your photography. What a treasure to have such great reminders of your awesome family trips. I regret that my own family hasn't done more.
Keep up the blogging, I love the "picture" into your life.
Love ya!

The Mama of the House said...

Okay, now those are worth a stop in Chicago instead of just driving around it to get to Michigan! You've convinced me that we ought to spend at least one day there just touring!