Friday, October 24, 2008

Sister-in-Law

This is my sister-in-law.  (I will call her Fifi.)  She is a Senior in High School this year, but I have known her since she was three years old.  It has been fun to watch her grow and mature over the years that Hubby and I have been married.


I remember helping Fifi to learn her colors the first time we met.  She was a very energetic, fun, and happy child.  Now she is a lovely and intelligent young lady.  She is a very good Auntie to our two children.   The last time Fifi visited with us, she volunteered to play with our girls so that Hubby and I could go out on a date.  She volunteered herself as babysitter more than once, and Hubby and I were so appreciative.  She even brought along an activity to enjoy with our girls.  Our girls felt so special that their Auntie had planned this fun project for them. Graciously, Fifi also helps us out around our house when she comes to visit.  Last summer she was my painting partner.  This summer, unfortunately, she was my weeding partner.  I had to spend hours out in the yard pulling weeds, and Fifi was there much of the time helping me.  She never once complained!


Even though Fifi is my sister-in-law, I have grown to love her like my own sister over the years.  We have a lot in common.  We both enjoy scrapbooking, and other papercrafting, as well as photography, and other girly things like flowers.  Whenever she comes to visit, we shop at all the local craft stores.  I always use her visit as an excuse to go to Archiver's and do some scrapbooking with her.


As a Senior in High School, much of Fifi's future is unknown and uncertain.  While somewhat scary, it's also exciting to think ahead to the future and imagine what God has planned for her life.  I look forward to watching God's work unfold in her life over the next few years.



No comments: