Saturday, March 17, 2007

Carlsbad Cavern





Today we toured Carlsbad Cavern with Drew's Gramps. It was a comfortable 56 degrees inside, a nice break from the 85 degree heat outside. Our two year old was not very excited about walking down the steep hills in the near dark, but I do think she enjoyed at least parts of our tour. Our four year old very much enjoyed our trip. We walked down through the natural entrance this morning. It took us about 1 1/2 hours to reach the elevator 750 feet underground. We rode the elevator up and had a lovely picnic outside. We then took a short drive to give the girls some much needed rest and then took the elevator back down into the cavern to enjoy another 1 1/2 hour tour of the "Big Room." The Cavern is amazing, but I did not have the right equipment or knowledge to capture its grandeur with photographs. Here's a few that turned out okay.

2 comments:

The Mama of the House said...

Well, I think those photos are fabulous. And I mean truly wonderful! It is just amazing what God created and where. The "treasure hunt" he allowed us to enjoy blows my mind most days.

Kakoii said...

I so enjoy travelling with you in this way. The one picture looks like some kind of science fiction monster's stomach to me! I would love to do as much travelling as you all. What a blessing! *HUGS*