Friday, March 21, 2008

Moose Country

We arrived in Jackson, Wyoming for a family vacation with my husband's family around four o'clock yesterday, and before we made it to our destination we had spotted two moose! I was so excited that I took some photos even though they were far away. This is what we saw:moose003.jpg


I am pretty sure the one below is a male because he was very large, and the one above looks like a female, but it was hard to tell since they were quite a ways off the road.


We arrived in our condo before five, and while we were still getting settled, my sister-in-law spotted this:moose030.jpg


It looked to me like this pair were very young. They were not very big as far as moose go, although they were still quite a bit taller than me! As you can see in the photo, there is a lot of snow here in Jackson! I'm pretty sure the moose on the left is male, and the other is a female. I followed these two down the street, slowly, for a while to snap some photographs. A car came along and split these two and I became trapped between them! Since both sides of the street were piled high with snow, I didn't really have anywhere to go. I decided to just freeze as the male sauntered by me on the other side of the street. Some other guests snapped a photo of me with the moose, and they promised to email it to me.


Here are a few other photos of the moose and the Grand Tetons. This is a beautiful part of the country!


moose012.jpg


moose018.jpg


moose035.jpg


 


moose029.jpg


 


moose038.jpg

2 comments:

Krista said...

They are sooo cute! Your favorite animal!

Mama of the House said...

I am green with envy. Fabulous photos!