Monday, March 31, 2008

She's a Reader!

Rosebud is officially a reader! A few weeks ago she picked up Green Eggs and Ham and she read through the entire book with minimal help from me. I was so proud of her that I had to take some photos even though she is still in her pajampas. The photos are not great, but I had to post them anyway.




dsc_0163e.jpg




dsc_0149.jpg


She has been reading signs, cereal boxes, books, and anything else she sees with words. It has been really fun to watch her grow as an emerging reader, and especially satisfying since I taught her to do it.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Yay!

Kakoii said...

What a blessing! I'm so glad you were able the experience the joy of teaching your child to read!

Heidi said...

Good for You - and her! To date, I think that is the most life changing skill my daughter has acquired. How can you get bored when you can pick up a book and actually know what it says?

I'm impressed. I tried to send you an email from my comment and it was sent back. I wanted to know how school was going - now I know! Keep up the great work!