Monday, February 23, 2009

Update

The doctor came to see Natalie this morning and is glad to see that her condition is stable.  Natalie is still eating well, breathing well, and only has an occasional coughing spell.  However, she is still needing a little extra oxygen to keep her blood/oxygen levels up where they need to be.  Currently she is receiving 200 mL per hour, and the doctor said that she could go home with a portable oxygen tank once she is weaned down to 50 mL per hour.  (When we first brought her in to the hospital she was on a full liter per hour.)  So, we will be here at the hospital for at least another night.

Hubby was teasing me yesterday that I like this hospital a little too much.  I must admit, it isn't so bad.  I'm getting plenty of rest, I have lots of time to snuggle my sweet baby, I have a nice view, and everything is new and clean since the hospital just opened in October.  The best part is picking up the phone to order a meal and having it delivered to my room shortly after.  I would still rather be home though...maybe tomorrow.  Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!

No comments: